Thursday 20 February 2020

Reading 4, I guess


Welcome back to my blog,

Image result for i have no idea what i'm doing
self-explanatory image - source

I will begin by saying I do not understand how to use the matrix whatsoever and hearing from people who have contacted Shaun, they do not either. If I could cry, I would.

Similarities between my topics

My two topics are the structure of a game and game design documents. Similarities between these two are very limited but not non-existent. Both topics map out how the game will work i.e. the structure of a game lays out how the story will flow and a game design document lays out what elements and visuals will be used to aid in the storytelling. Think of both of them as a form of blueprints.

How I will lay out my topics

When writing about my topics I will explain what they are, what they mean and provide an example for each. Although I do feel very unqualified to so so as we are only in phase two of basic game design, coming from a place of not knowing anything about it.

I think many students would benefit from a crash course in how to actually fill in a matrix as many of the titles that are required to be filled are confusing and new.

No comments:

Post a Comment