Thursday 13 February 2020

Unity Tutorial 03


Welcome back to my blog,

A screenshot of the first part of the tutorial

At the beginning of week 3's tasks, I was continuing on with last week's unity tutorial, finishing off the last few bits of the car game. This involved coding the vehicle to move from left to right, rotating the vehicle when turning, taking control of the vehicle and cleaning up your code. This was a really nice tutorial to work on and I would love if the game design process was always this straight forward and pleasant.


 A screenshot of the second part of the tutorial

In the second part of the tutorial, we were challenged with fixing problems in an existing game's code. The game was a plane flying through gaps in a wall, the plane moved backwards, spun in circles and had no controllability. This tutorial did not include any visuals to follow along to, so it proved to be a bit more challenging. With the aid of my good friend Google, I was able to finish this tutorial, but I did ignore the 'bonus' part of it as it was implied to be optional and I was truly not bothered.

No comments:

Post a Comment