Wednesday 12 February 2020

Unity Tutorial 02

My progress from the first set of tutorials

Welcome back to my blog,

Based on how well we think we got on with coding last semester, we were given two options: either restart with coding unity tutorials or to progress onto VR. If you have read my blog you will not be surprised to see that I am restarting the coding aspect of game design.

This week's task was to follow a series of mini-tutorials from steps 1.1-1.3. Compared to last semester this is a much easier and less overwhelming way of learning how to use unity. Although the tutorials can repeat themselves at times, they seem to be much more manageable when broken up in the way this one has been.

In these tutorials, we were reintroduced to the first few basic steps of game design. I even learned a few new tricks on how to navigate the world I'm building by using the keyboard and mouse. I can't name many negatives with these tutorials so far, except for the fact that it took me a few videos to realise he repeats his steps several times throughout each video.

Overall I believe these tutorials are a lot more manageable and nicer to do than Jimmy Vegas' as he did know how to drag a video out to the maximum length possible.



No comments:

Post a Comment