Thursday 26 September 2019

Exploring Growth Mindset

Growth Mindset - source


I had never heard of Carol Dweck or growth mindset before watching her TedxTalk. I clicked on the video and once she began speaking, I was interested. The more she spoke, the more what she was saying began to make sense. I found myself agreeing with her, but I would still like to see more studies on different age groups, and in different countries.

Carol Dweck - source

I agree with the mindset of understanding that a failure is just an obstacle that you haven't conquered yet and I think that I have that mindset when it comes to most things, but I also see parts of me that fall into the growth-fixed mindset. I believe I can achieve what I want if I put the effort and time into it but I'm not sure if that's related to growth mindset.

I think my biggest challenge when learning new things is asking for someone to re-explain something if I don't fully understand. Another challenge I face is allowing work to build up and waiting til the last minute, or close enough, to complete the work.

I find growth mindset interesting and I would like to learn more about it. It has given me a new reason to be interested in Shaun's module and I'm excited to learn more.

My goal for this year is to gain a good understanding of the topics in each module I encounter, I'm particularly excited for Digital Video Techniques as well as Documentary Film making in the second semester (but I may have a bias). I'm also excited for Group Projects but have the fear that what comes out of it won't be something I'm proud of.


No comments:

Post a Comment