Thursday 26 September 2019

Introduction to a Digital Media Student

me acting candid - this photo is my own property

My name is James Sandelance, I'm a 20 year old Creative Digital Media Student in TU Dublin Blachardstown. My hobbies include (but are not limited to):

  • Photography
  • Film
  • Travelling
  • Cooking
  • Attending Music Festivals
  • And, of course, Multimedia

I have just started my second year of my course and I'm excited for what is to come.
Lat year I mostly enjoyed Digital Photography, Studio Photography & Image Production and Storytelling and Narrative. Not to say that I didn't enjoy the other modules, but those were my favourites. This year I hope to improve my coding skills as I felt like due to workload, I didn't spend a fair amount of time trying to learn it. But this year there seems to be plenty of it to go around!


Like I said earlier, I enjoy cooking, I often cook dinner for the family as no one else in my house can cook very well (sorry not sorry dad). I like making Asian dishes and trying to come up with my own fusions. I like learning new things so I'm always trying out new recipes and tweaking them to my taste, unfortunately for my family I like spicy food and they do not, so some compromise is needed.


During the summer break I was lucky enough to travel to London with my dad and Berlin with 2 of my friends. I've always liked travelling and exploring new places, as well as learning about different cultures from around the world. I'm not the person to go on a drinking holiday with because you'll probably find me at the tourist information desk trying to find a museum or booking my friends on a bus tour.


My current career goals are limited as currently, I'm not very sure of what I would like to do, I have some ideas, maybe a designer, maybe a photographer. But sometimes  think, why can't I do it all, which is optimistic, but when it comes to practicality, I know it's impossible to actually do everything. I know that I'm in a course that is in the area of what I'd like to do, so I better make my mind up soon.


In this module I'd like to improve my coding skills, learn how to create a somewhat decent game, and learn some new things I didn't know before. I tend to go into things without expectations and allow for each topic to either excite me or terrify me beyond belief. Overall I'm optimistic about my Introduction to Multimedia module and can't wait to see where the year takes me.

12 comments:

  1. Hey james

    I loved reading your blog and now have understanding of what your like to do and what your hobbies are, which is very interesting to learn . I look forward to reading more

    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi James,
    I really enjoyed reading about your hobbies in this blog. I am also a fan of cooking and am always trying new things to make in the kitchen! Your summer sounded great. I look forward to reading more of your blogs.

    - Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. "But sometimes I think, why can't I do it all"

    I know exactly what you mean. I'm enjoying so many different aspects of the course that I don't really want to narrow it down. There's such a thing as a Photo-Video-Graphic-Web-Multimedia Designer / Director isn't there? I'm sure something will stand out along the way, and no matter what we end up choosing, none of the options are really that bad anyway. Can't go too wrong!

    Nice blog, keep it up!

    - Ultan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well a good day to you James.

    I must say that I think that you have made a very well laid out and well written blog here that can help me learn a lot more about yo self then I knew at first. You seem to have an interesting adventures through going to many places around the world, I would love to do something like that myself but I be a poor one that has very little moneys (as for drinking holiday, it’s seems that sense of unknown and surprise of those unexpected journeys sound exciting to me). I can understand that that you are unsure of what to go in after this and that is a good thing as it can broaden a wider eye to helping you look at different areas to go into. All in all, I did very much reading your blog and I look forward to reading more from your fine self. My hat goes off to you.

    Cheerio!!
    -Sam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi James,
    I'm just here to give a comment on your blog. I think your hobbies are very interesting and I think it's important that some of them are involved with your course. I am also glad that you're excited for your second year of college I hope it works out well for you in the long run. I really enjoyed reading your blog and I can't wait to read more.

    -Michael

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whats up James!
    I loved reading about your exciting life :) One of your hobbies is also a big part of my summer : Attending music festivals. I went to Electric Picnic and Longitude this summer. It is interesting to see that you enjoying cooking as I cant cook for the life of me. Are there any more places you'd like to travel in the future?
    Talk soon,
    Aaron Hogan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi James. First of all i love your image haha, so you.
    I wish I went to EP i was so jealous of everyone that went. Its cool to know that you enjoy cooking, I also love it. You gave a lot of information about yourself and it was easy to get involved in it. I love photography too i wish it was summer all year around so that it could be bright to take pictures. The back image is cool and the whole blog in general, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi James,

    First of I really like your blog. I didn't know you like to cook, I don't mind cooking but me mam hates it when I do, she's a typical Irish mammy (not that I'm complaining). I also didn't know you went to London, I've been there before it's a lovely city but I've never been to Berlin, Was it nice ? Anyway I really like your Blog and can't wait to read it in the future !

    Y.I.S
    Sarah H

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey James,
    I really enjoyed reading your blog love the picture haha I also love music festivals a few of my favorites would have to be longitude and boxed of I haven't went to any yet outside of Ireland but hopefully I will soon I am glad you like so many things related to the course and that you enjoy it anyway I will leave it there hope to read more from you soon.
    -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello there James, I have just read through your blogs introduction and I think its really good. First things first, I never knew you cooked, granted it would be difficult to whip up a banquet on such short notice at a college, but its still really cool to learn. I myself don't attend music festivals, but I can definitely see the wide appeal and least and know why most would attend them. Overall great blog and I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi James,

    I really enjoyed reading your introduction. I love the photo that you have displayed, it definitely shows your personality and aesthetic very well. Also, it's nice to know that somebody is in the same boat as me when it comes to not knowing exactly what they want to do after completing our degree. It makes me feel a whole lot better that I'm not the only one :).

    BLC Blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi James

    I enjoyed reading your introduction Blog. I too am not sure which industry I wish to pursue after I finish college yet , as there is so many options to choose from in so many sectors, although lately I have been getting more interested in the design aspect of our course. I need to start focusing on getting into learning how to make more things in the kitchen also as I have been needing to learn some new recipes to add some variety to my meals.
    I really enjoyed this blog and am looking forward to more in the future.
    All the best

    -Dillon

    ReplyDelete