Wednesday 25 September 2019

My experience with workshop 1


Today, I participated in a workshop in my multimedia lecture. There was an exercise based around traffic lights, which I had never come across before. In the exercise we were asked to create a flow chart for how the traffic should move on a timed t junction, providing there are no buttons for pedestrian use. 

We had to work in groups of three and come up with a solution.
What I learned from the exercise is that if you don't overthink the solution, it could be that the answer is right in front of you. I also learned the value of working in a team, rather than trying to come up with your own solutions to a problem. It helped me to understand the exercise differently from what my initial idea for a solution was to what the correct one was.

When I walked into the 9am lecture, uncaffeinated, I was a bit skeptical of how this exercise would go down, but my lecturer made it enjoyable and basically forced us to break the ice with each other by making us work in groups, which I do see the benefits of. I am now speaking to students in my course that I have never spoken to, and making new friends just because of the workshop. 

I enjoyed working in a group, as I always do, as it helped to hear other students opinions and ideas for a solution to the exercise. I was a bit confused myself as to what the outcomes of the exercise were or would be, but I am glad that we were able to work in a group to come u with what we believed to be the correct answer.

To be honest I find this whole reflective writing thing a bit strange but therapeutic. It helps me to understand what I have done in class and seems to be improving my memory skills, so I am positive for what has to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment